What is a Magnet bulk message?
Magnet messages are automated messages sent to a select few engineers who match specific criteria set by a company. They're limited in number and relevance so companies can't spam engineers. Companies can only send a certain number each month, each engineer can only receive a certain number (currently the limit is 5 per month), and the engineer's profile must match the criteria to a high percentage.
Engineers on Triplebyte with visible profiles may opt in or out of receiving bulk messages at any time via a toggle on their profile. Bulk Magnet messages will always be clearly stated that they're automated bulk messages.
How does the Magnet program work?
- Companies on Triplebyte select a set of criteria for each role they're hiring for. This can include requirements like certifications on particular Triplebyte assessments, years of total experience, experience with particular technologies, location or visa status, and more.
- We search our Triplebyte database to find engineers whose profiles match that criteria, and send an automated bulk message on the company's behalf.
- When you receive a bulk message through Magnet, you can accept or reject it the same as any other message on Triplebyte.
- If you accept the message, we'll send your profile to the company to review. They have a short window of time to accept your profile and start a conversation. If you reject, we do not tell the company, so that you can interact with them in the future from a clean slate.
- From there, the process is the same as any other time you connect with a company.
I hate recruiter spam. Why should I let companies send me bulk messages?
First, bulk messages are limited in number, both how many can be sent by a company and how many each engineer can receive. The recipient's profile must also match the company's criteria to a high degree. If there isn't a good match on a particular day, the company can't send a bulk message. This prevents a wave of irrelevant messages going out every day (unlike on other job sites).
Beyond that, we've already found this method to be less biased than traditional recruiting, since the company sets the same criteria for everyone.
It also speeds up the process on both sides. Companies must set and share their specific criteria with you, which means you can easily review it in a simple table format and determine if the role is a good fit for you, rather than trying to pick out relevant details from a long-winded job description or vague reachout message.
Magnet is a new feature, so we'd appreciate any feedback on how we can improve the experience for you. Please contact Candidate Support to share your suggestions.
If you have additional questions, please contact Candidate Support.
Article is closed for comments.