What is a FastTrack intro call?
The intro call is an opportunity for you to “pitch” candidates on your company, and learn more about who they are and what they're looking for. The intro call is usually structured as a conversation where you explain what your company does and get candidates excited about working there. FastTrack candidates will not participate in technical screens prior to the onsite interview.
What qualification has a candidate undergone prior to the FastTrack intro call?
- All FastTrack candidates have completed and passed both our online programming quiz and the Triplebyte 2-hour technical interview, which includes online programming.
- Expressed interest in your company and role.
- Were shown your company profile and indicated that they are Open or Excited about new opportunities.
What should I talk about in a FastTrack intro call?
- Introduce your company and product.
- Ask the candidate about their technical interests and what they're looking for in their next job.
- Highlight ways you are aligned with the candidate’s preferences and motivators.
- Talk about why you joined and what you find most exciting about working there.
- Share interesting technical challenges your engineering team works on.
Why wouldn't I advance a candidate to onsite?
- The candidate provides information indicating that they do not have the necessary experience for the role.
- The candidate provides information that indicates they may not be a strong culture fit for the team.
- Candidate is rude.
Duration: We recommend that the FastTrack intro call lasts about 30 minutes. Please limit intro calls to 1 hour.
Participants: Hiring Managers, Recruiters, etc. are welcome to join the intro call. Feel free to invite multiple team members to the call.
If you have additional questions, please contact your Account Manager or Company Support.